Search

Friday 19 October 2018

Respect to Their Choice



Hello SYBS*,


One fine Saturday at Sushi Bar, me and my friends discussing about our education goal, strategy, and timeline to reach it. Until there’s a conversation about some of my friend education who lived in planet K. I criticized about their consideration while choosing a university which seems random for me. They don't want to get out from their comfort zone. Below are mostly their considerations :

1. The distance between office or domicile to university;
2. They just need a title or degree;
3. Fee.

For me education is one of I need to think carefully about. So I won't choose point 1 or 2 as my consideration while choosing a university. Here are my ideas :

1. The quality of the university especially the major I would like to take. You can find it at QS World Rank;
2. The environment. I need an environment which safe, can drive me to be an open minded women, give me a freedom to express my opinion.

3. Fee. But, I'll struggle to get a scholarship if it can't be covered by my financial capability.


My friends remind me that all of my opinions were right but I need to respect their decision because he's sure if they take it depend on their needed and capability. He told me, "If they just need a degree and won't out from their comfort zone, so why? Let them do by their own path. You don't have a responsibility to them because you are not the one who sponsor their education".

Do you have any other consideration about choosing the university?


*Saudara yang Budiman (SYB): appellation for my blog readers. additional S behind for showing that it's a plural.

No comments:

Post a Comment